OCI Presentation at the Oregon Leadership Summit
OCI conducted its first public presentation during a breakout session at the Oregon Leadership Summit on December 12. This was a chance to advocate for the creative economy and we gathered a top group of companies to represent the cluster. Just being listed on the program agenda at the Oregon Leadership Summit gave us more business community exposure as an organization and a cluster than we have ever had.
This was a great way for us to end the year and we are looking forward to more opportunities to build OCI momentum in the upcoming year.
Here is the flow of our program:
• Joe McMurrian, Senior Artist & Illustrator, Wieden+Kennedy; singer/songwriter kicked things off with a Delta Blues song and a discussion about the connection between art and commerce.
• Shane Sasnow gave an overview of the creative industries cluster in Oregon with a presentation that he and Jerry Ketel put together.
• Mark Shapiro, Brand and Marketing Communications Manager, LAIKA
• Shelley Stevens, VP Global Marketing, Waggener Edstrom
• Ryan Buchanan, CEO, eROI
• Juliana Lukasik, Principal, Director, @Large Films
• Steve Sandstrom, Partner, Executive Creative Director, Sandstrom Design
• Julie Williamson, Director of Career Services, Art Institute of Portland
• Steve Gehlen, GM Global eCommerce, Icebreaker Nature Clothing gave a quick case study about how hiring 3 Portland-area creative services firms helped to double eCommerce revenue in the U.S. and helped to create 8 new jobs in his group so far, with 8-10 additional jobs on the way over the next 12 months.
2011 was a solid year. We are aiming to make 2012 a great one.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.